Monday, August 19, 2013

Finding FREE Online Books for KIds

 As an elementary educator for more than 14 years, I can tell you motivation is perhaps the most important factor in getting kids to read.  The problem is that finding great reading material is hard.  It is hard enough in a library, but when you get online it is even more difficult to find free online reading for kids.
It is my intention to use this blog for my own classroom reading material for my students, but I thought I would share what I find with other teachers looking for digital books for kids.

Get ready!  It is almost here!  The best free book to get boys reading since Go!  Dog!  Go! by P. D. Eastman.  If you have boys and you have never read that book, get it.  In my opinion, as a person who has helped kids learn to read for more than a decade, this is the perfect style book for beginning readers.  Well, get ready for the best online book for beginning readers, The HOUSE of IT!  If your kids or students liked Go!  Dog!  Go!  the will love this book.  

Get on my email list for updates on free pdf books that teachers can print out for use in the classroom.  



No comments:

Post a Comment